Nestled within the vibrant city of West Palm Beach, the Westgate community stands as a testament to the best of both worlds – a tranquil suburban haven amidst the bustling energy of a major city. With its diverse range of homes, accessible price points, and an array of essential amenities, Westgate has earned its reputation as a desirable residential neighborhood. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the homes, prices, and key amenities that make Westgate an attractive place to call home, as well as the surrounding attractions and restaurants that complete the experience.
Homes in Westgate
Westgate offers a variety of housing options, ensuring that there’s something for everyone. From charming single-family homes to townhouses and apartments, this community accommodates various lifestyles and preferences.
- Single-Family Homes: The backbone of Westgate’s real estate market is its single-family homes. These properties come in diverse architectural styles, including Mediterranean, ranch, and contemporary designs. Families and individuals alike can find homes that cater to their space requirements and aesthetic tastes.
- Townhouses and Condos: For those seeking lower-maintenance living, Westgate has a selection of townhouses and condominiums. These options often offer a more affordable entry point into the neighborhood, without sacrificing comfort or style.
- Apartments: Apartments are available in the community, providing rental options for those who prefer the flexibility of leasing their homes. This appeals to a range of residents, including young professionals and retirees.
Prices in Westgate
As of my knowledge cutoff date in September 2021, the pricing of homes in Westgate was quite attractive compared to other parts of West Palm Beach. Keep in mind that real estate prices are subject to fluctuations, so it’s advisable to consult with a local real estate agent for the most up-to-date pricing information.
- Single-Family Homes: Prices for single-family homes in Westgate generally ranged from the mid-$200,000s to the mid-$500,000s. The price range varied based on factors such as size, condition, location within the community, and the specific features of each property.
- Townhouses and Condos: Townhouses and condos typically had more affordable price tags, starting in the low $100,000s and reaching up to the mid-$300,000s. These options provided an excellent choice for first-time homebuyers and those seeking a lower-maintenance lifestyle.
- Apartments: Rental rates for apartments in Westgate depended on factors such as size, location, and amenities. Rents could range from $1,000 to $2,500 per month or more.
It’s essential to note that the West Palm Beach real estate market can change over time, so it’s advisable to consult with a local real estate agent to obtain the most accurate and current pricing information if you’re considering a move to Westgate.
Key Amenities in Westgate
Westgate residents enjoy a range of amenities that contribute to their quality of life and foster a strong sense of community. Here are some of the key amenities that make Westgate an attractive place to live:
- Community Parks: Westgate boasts well-maintained community parks that provide green spaces for picnics, sports, and outdoor activities. These parks are perfect for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Community Centers: Many neighborhoods within Westgate have community centers that host events, activities, and gatherings. These spaces are ideal for fostering connections among neighbors.
- Recreational Facilities: Depending on the specific area within Westgate, residents may have access to recreational facilities such as swimming pools, tennis courts, and fitness centers.
- Walking and Biking Trails: The community features walking and biking trails that allow residents to enjoy the pleasant Florida weather while staying active and connecting with nature.
- Safety and Security: Westgate often features gated entrances or security patrols, providing residents with peace of mind and an added layer of security.
Beyond the borders of Westgate, residents have access to a variety of attractions and activities in West Palm Beach and the surrounding areas. Here are some nearby attractions to explore:
- Downtown West Palm Beach: Just a short drive away, downtown West Palm Beach offers a vibrant cultural scene, upscale shopping, dining, and entertainment options. The Clematis Street district is known for its lively nightlife.
- Norton Museum of Art: Art enthusiasts can visit the Norton Museum of Art, which houses an impressive collection of European, American, Chinese, and contemporary art. The museum also hosts rotating exhibitions and special events.
- Flagler Drive Waterfront: Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Intracoastal Waterway by strolling or biking along Flagler Drive. You can also visit the beautiful waterfront parks along the way.
- Palm Beach: The neighboring island of Palm Beach is renowned for its upscale shopping on Worth Avenue, pristine beaches, and luxury estates. It’s an excellent place for a day trip or a leisurely weekend outing.
Restaurants and Dining
West Palm Beach is a culinary melting pot, offering a diverse range of dining options to satisfy every palate. Here are some notable restaurants in and around Westgate:
- Hullabaloo: This popular gastropub serves up creative American fare, craft cocktails, and a lively atmosphere.
- CityPlace: Located in downtown West Palm Beach, CityPlace is a bustling hub for dining and entertainment. It features a variety of restaurants, from casual to upscale, as well as shops and entertainment venues.
- Table 26: Known for its New American cuisine and elegant ambiance, Table 26 offers a fine dining experience with a diverse menu and an impressive wine list.
- Cholo Soy Cocina: For those craving Latin American flavors, Cholo Soy Cocina offers a selection of delicious tacos and other dishes in a casual setting.
- Grato: A bit farther north, Grato offers contemporary Italian cuisine with a focus on locally sourced ingredients, handmade pasta, and wood-fired pizzas.
The Westgate community in West Palm Beach is a hidden oasis of serenity that combines a range of housing options, accessible prices, and essential amenities. Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly environment, a relaxed suburban lifestyle, or a convenient location close to the city’s attractions, Westgate has something to offer. While real estate prices may have changed since my last update in September 2021, the sense of community and the overall quality of life make Westgate an attractive choice for those seeking a well-rounded residential experience in West Palm Beach. To get the most up-to-date information on homes and prices, it’s recommended to consult with a local real estate expert who can guide you through the home-buying process in this desirable neighborhood.