Famously known as the boating city of South Florida, Fort Lauderdale is a vibrant urban city and one of the top tourist destinations in Florida. With a myriad of amazing tourist attractions, warm weather, boating canals, and breathtaking beaches, Fort Lauderdale is one of the perfect vacation spots. If you are looking for the best place in Florida to invest in real estate, you should consider buying a vacation home in Fort Lauderdale or a second home in Fort Lauderdale.
Why buy a vacation home or a second home in Fort Lauderdale? Here is a breakdown of the reasons why you should consider buying a second home or a vacation home in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The Fort Lauderdale real estate market is booming
The population of Fort Lauderdale city is currently over 180,000 and it continues to grow. More young professionals, families, couples, and retirees are flocking Fort Lauderdale due to its warm weather, affordable lifestyle, and its close proximity to modern tourism amenities. Therefore, when you invest in a vacation home in Fort Lauderdale, you are assured of a quick return on investment as the demand for vacation rentals is still high. You can analyze a comprehensive Ft Lauderdale Market Report Here.
The cost of living is low
If you compare the cost of living in Miami and that of Fort Lauderdale, you will realize that Fort Lauderdale is 4.2% less expensive. This South Florida neighborhood is also great for persons living in Florida without a state income tax. In Fort Lauderdale city, there are also better healthcare systems and food prices are affordable making it an ideal place to buy a second home or a vacation home.
Attractive boating perks
Fort Lauderdale is known as the boating city or the “Yachting Capital of the world”. You will come across hundreds of yachts as you tour the extensive boating canals of inland waterways. If you love boat riding, Fort Lauderdale is the best place to buy a vacation home or a second home. There are plenty of waterfront condos, single-family homes, and townhouses. Some houses include leased or assigned boat slips and dockage facilities.
Some of the popular marinas found in Fort Lauderdale are;
- Bahia Mar Marina
- Cooley’s Landing
- Loggerhead Marina
- Coral Ridge Yacht Club Marina
- Sands Harbor Marina
There are a number of annual boating events that are held in Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach that you can’t afford to miss. They include;
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show– It’s one of the popular shows in this neighborhood. It consists of seven locations that have over three million square feet of space. Here you will see different types of sea vessels and yachts. You will also interact with experienced yacht architects, designers, builders, and brokers.
- Winter Boat Parade-This is an annual event that is exclusively organized for local boat owners in a parade down well that is popularly known as waterways. All the vessels are decorated to bring out the fun and festive moods.
- Miami yacht and brokerage show- This event takes place in Miami Beach and it occupies an area of 1,200,000 square feet of space that stretches over a mile-long strip along the Indian Creek Waterway. Here, you will find hundreds of both new and pre-owned vessels valued at over a billion dollars.
- Palm Beach International Boat Show- If you are looking for a less crowded show, this is the best boat event to attend. Here, you will find different types of boats with a value of over $1.2 billion.
Outstanding golf perks
If you love playing golf, buying a second home in Fort Lauderdale will give you unlimited access to some of the best golf courses in the world. Fort Lauderdale golf courses have some unique landscapes that cater to the needs of all golfers from amateurs to seasoned professional golfers who are used to playing golf on the most challenging golf courses.
In Fort Lauderdale, there are both municipal and public golf courses. Municipal golf courses have affordable green fees while public golf courses charge a higher green fee as they are privately owned.
The following are some of the popular golf courses that you can visit and enjoy playing golf;
- Bonaventure Resort & Country Club (Public)
- Eco Golf Club (Municipal)
- Jacaranda Golf Club (Public)
- The Club at Emerald Hills (Public)
- Plantation Preserve Golf Course (Municipal)
- Hollywood Beach Golf Resort (Municipal)
- The Diplomat Golf Resort & Spa (Public)
- Flamingo Lakes Country Club (Public)
Several golf events are held in different golf courses in Fort Lauderdale that one can attend. They include;
- SFACA Annual Golf Tournament
- Annual Swing for the Kids Golf Tournament
- Senior Club Championships
- Ladies Interclub
Fort Lauderdale is an active, family-friendly community
If you love an active and healthy lifestyle, then you should consider buying a second home or vacation home in Fort Lauderdale. There are many outdoor activities that residents engage in to stay healthy such as swimming, hiking, skating, jogging, gym, bike riding, skateboarding, kayaking, and paddleboard among others.
There are numerous local parks and recreational facilities that one can visit for a memorable vacation experience. Some of the most popular ones include;
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Park– It’s best for picnics and watching sunrise and sunset. It has a volleyball pitch, basketball courts, and other small playgrounds
- Secret woods nature center– You will enjoy beautiful walking trails, a butterfly garden, and a reptile dedicated habitat.
- Hugh Taylor Birch State Park– Best for a nature walk, running, and biking
- Colee Hammock Park– Quiet green spaces ideal for a picnic, fishing, and nature walks.
If you have a family, you should consider buying a second home in Fort Lauderdale. It’s a family-friendly neighborhood with an active community, state-of-the-art amenities, good security, unique parks, and recreation facilities.
World-class restaurants for the best dining experience
If you are looking for a place to enjoy the tasty Floridian seafood dishes as well as other yummy international cuisines, Fort Lauderdale is the place to be. There are also new restaurants coming up in different parts of Fort Lauderdale to ensure that you get a chance to taste yummy dishes in any part of Fort Lauderdale city. If you love seafood, you can enjoy fish tacos, lobster, crabs, grouper, and scallops. There are also traditional and vegan dishes in many restaurants to cater to the need of every visitor.
Some of the most popular restaurants that you must visit in Fort Lauderdale for tasty meals include;
- Hardy Park Bistro
- Park & Ocean
- Kubo Asian Fusion
- Shushi Rock
- Temple Street Eatery
- Bombay Darbar
- IL Paesano
- Louie Bossi
- Café Seville
- El Camino
- The Chimney House
- Leaves and Roots Lounge
- Sobe Vegan
- The Hummus House
Buying a vacation home in Fort Lauderdale city, South Florida is one of the best decisions you can ever make. You will enjoy warm weather, gorgeous beaches, boat riding, tasty local and international cuisine, and a welcoming active community. You can also buy a second home and move to Fort Lauderdale together with your family. The city is safe and has all the required modern amenities and recreation parks to give you and your family a satisfying lifestyle.